The Zoning Submittal Process is as follows:
- Property owner to fill out application with all pertinent information, including a set of plans for new construction, state approved plans for commercial buildings, or drawings of additions, fence, decks, accessory buildings, etc.
- Pay fee as established by Logan City Council.
- Within 10 days after receipt of application, the Zoning inspector shall approve or disapprove the application in conformance with the provisions of City Code.
- Approved applications shall be published in local newspaper within 5 days after approval of said application. The application shall become effective on the 11th day after publication. Work shall start within one year and completed within two years.
- Applications that are denied may be appealed to the Zoning Board of Appeals, filing a Variance application and paying the fee as established by City Council.
- Building / Zoning applications are not required for normal and routine maintenance and repair work where the estimated value of such work is under $7,500.00 which includes painting, wallpaper, replacing a roof, replacing a driveway, replacing a sidewalk, gutters and downspouts, and other routine maintenance.
- Failure to obtain a zoning / building application shall be a violation of City Code and is punishable as provided in Code # 157.031.